Being the coordinator, I have also learn a lot from the audience as well. Being a small group, friendship was also established during the session.
Feedback has been positive so far and everyone seem to walk away with something learnt that day.
Yup, that's me talking.
Thus far, I have been thinking and these pointers seem to have stuck me:
1. My biggest influence on investing didn't come from Warren Buffet or Benjamin Graham. It is James Moniter - an Author of various investment books (Focus Behavioural Investing and Value Investing) and a member of GMO’s Asset Allocation team. Prior to joining GMO in 2009, he was co-head of Global Strategy at Société Générale.
2. I am really getting into deep value investing. This is a high risk, high return strategy and I must really do my due diligence on each stock before I enter. This is a reminder for myself as well.
3. As stated on the slides, Enhanced Triple S Scorecard is as contrarian as it gets. If you want to know more, you should come for my next sharing session with T.U.B!
4. I should really start to understand US markets and try getting into it. Singapore market seems too small as compared to US markets. Market Cap of Singapore Market is $1 trillion as compared to US Market of $19 Trillion. With such a huge market cap, there is always a higher possibility of finding a company within the value investing space!
For those interested in the next Sharing Session with T.U.B, the details are as follows:
Basically I will be sharing on:
- Investor Mindset
- Basis of My Investing Methods and Value Investing
- Screening For Stocks
- My Investing Methods
- Detail Explanation of Enhanced Triple S Scorecard
- Try Out of 1 Case
- My Portfolio Details (I have not fully disclose my portfolio details before)
- Investing Lessons I had
- My Watchlist
Details of the Sharing Session:
Target Pax: 10 to 15
Location: To be confirm
21 August 2016 (Sunday) 20 August 2016 (Saturday)
Timing: 10am to 3pm (an hour break for hour in between)
Price: $68 (via bank transfer. Email me for account number). Each confirm slot will be given upon the successful bank transfer.
If you have any queries, please feel free to contact me directly.
If you are thinking of looking at stocks for the long term, do give my initial Triple S Scorecard a try. It's still a good tool!
Oh... and do remember, please like our Facebook page if you still yet to do it - T.U.B Investing
Hope to hear from you soon!