My 10% Portfolio - End Of 2017 Record

Hi Everyone,

It is the time of the year again, where everyone presents their report card. Even though 2017 has been a very bullish year, but my results has not been as good as many of you out there. Overall my portfolio made 15.62% gain (Inclusive of dividends) only. Nevertheless, I am already contented as I had already hit my initial target of 10% gain. Furthermore, in the last portfolio update post, I was hoping for an overall gain of 15% and I had achieved it.

Now let's take a good to look at the changes in my portfolio.

Once again, let me emphasize on the following:

1. This portfolio review is calculated from the start of the year and the aim is to review the total portfolio gain after 1 year.

2. Some of the counter's initial share prices are their respective share prices at the start of this year (Especially those counters in this post).

3. The gain and loss stated is just a simple calculation of the difference in share prices, ignoring the transaction fees.

4. At times, if stated, the gain could be including dividends.


5. This review will include my overseas counters in USA and Hong Kong.

These are the updates to my 10% Portfolio:

Current/End of 2017
Singapore Telecommunications Limited
Singapore Telecommunications Limited
ComfortDelGro Corporation Limited
ComfortDelGro Corporation Limited
Bukit Sembawang Estates Ltd
Sold All at 30% Gain
M1 Limited
Sold All at 10% Loss
Chuan Hup Holding Limited
Chuan Hup Holding Limited
Hock Lian Seng Holding Ltd
Sold All at 20% Gain
ST Engineering Ltd
ST Engineering Ltd
Ellipsiz Ltd
Sold All at 100% Gain
PNE Industries Limited
Sold All at 30% Gain
Frasers Centrepoint Limited
Sold All at 30% Gain
Captii Limited
Captii Limited
Ocean Sky International Ltd
Sold All at 40% Gain (Based on Average Price)
Tiong Seng Holding Ltd
Sold All at 70% Gain
AGV Group Ltd
Sold All at 10% Loss
NikkoAM-StraitsTrading Asia ex Japan REIT ETF
NikkoAM-StraitsTrading Asia ex Japan REIT ETF
Japan Food Holding Ltd
Japan Food Holding Ltd
Singhaiyi Group Ltd
Sold All at 5% Loss
Yongnam Holdings Limited
Sold All at 15% Gain
Netlink Trust
Netlink Trust
Secura Group Ltd
Sold All at 30% Loss
Miyoshi Limited
Sold All at 30% Gain
The Trendlines Group Ltd
The Trendlines Group Ltd
The Walt Disney Company (USA Counter)
The Walt Disney Company (USA Counter)
VASCO Data Security International, Inc. (USA Counter)
VASCO Data Security International, Inc. (USA Counter)
Textron (USA Counter)
Textron (USA Counter)
Sitoy Group Holdings Ltd (HK Counter)
Sitoy Group Holdings Ltd (HK Counter)
Alco Holdings Ltd (HK Counter)
Sold All at 20% Loss


Additional: Colex Holding Ltd

Additional: TSH Holding Ltd (Only got 1 lot, if I sell now, it is lower than my commission!)

Additional: Far East Orchard Ltd (Yeah, bought again at $1.465)

Additional: Starhill REIT

Additional: ESR-REIT

Additional: HongKong Land USD

Additional: Teckwah Industrial Ltd

Additional: GRP Ltd

Additional: Quarterhill Inc. (USA Counter)

Additional: Win Hanverby Holdings Ltd (HK Counter)

In addition to the above counters, I also bought and sold Sabana REIT within the last quarter and made a 10% loss.

Do note that I restart my portfolio at the start of every year. One of the reason I do this is due to the Rule of 72. This meant that if I attain 10% for 7.2 years, I will be able to double my initial capital.

Anyway since I intend to restart my portfolio for 2018, I will ask myself if I will buy this counter at the current price. If I do not want to purchase the counter at the current price, I will sell all my holdings in the counter. Thus, that is why I sold many counters in the last quarter.

On a deeper thought, the main reasons on why my portfolio gain is not as great as others:

1. Diversify too much - I have been emphasizing that I diversify too much. I believe this affected my gains. For 2018, I will try to keep within 25 counters for the whole portfolio (Including overseas counters) and put in a bigger investment into counters I believe will thrive.

2. Share Price of My Biggest Holdings - My biggest holdings are in Singtel and ComfortDelGro. For Singtel, my gains dropped significantly in the last 2 weeks after the counter ex-dividend. As for ComfortDelGro, the threat from Uber and Grab has cause the price to drop significantly too. Thus, this resulted in a drop in my gains.

Another portion I like to review are the counters I purchased due to my scorecard method. After my launch of the Fundamental Scorecard website, I went on to purchase and also add on a few counters due to The Ultimate Scorecard/Full Analysis recommendation.

These counters are bought mainly due to the recommendation from Fundamental Scorecard website:

- Counter 1 - Bought at $0.635 vs Current share price of $0.730

- Counter 2 - Bought at $0.066 vs Current share price of $0.075

- Counter 3 - Bought at $0.275 vs Current share price of $0.290

- Counter 4 - Bought at $0.450 vs Current share price of $0.460

- Counter 5 - Bought at $0.600 vs Current share price of $0.560

- Counter 6 - Bought at $0.410 vs Current share price of $0.420

- Counter 7 - Bought at $0.425 vs Current share price of $0.440

- Counter 8 - Bought at $0.420 vs Current share price of $0.410

- Counter 9 - Bought at $7.360 vs Current share price of $7.020

- Counter 10 - Bought at $0.465 vs Current share price of $0.475

*Moving forward, they will not be named. But you can subscribe to the Fundamental Scorecard Website to know more!

So far, only 3 of the counters have fallen slightly (withn 10%). But the reminder of them had made gains. In 2018, I should be focusing more on the counters that made the list on Fundamental Scorecard website.

In Short

For 2018, my strategy is protection of capital with concentration of investment in confident targets. My overall target for 2018 is to achieved an overall 15% gain. I am already looking forward to next year!

Finally I just like to wish all the readers Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year! Huat Ar!

Please do your own due diligence before you invest in any of the stocks in my portfolio.

If you are interested to know more about The Ultimate Scorecard or Full Analysis, do visit the Fundamental Scorecard website for more information! Do sign up to get the latest scorecard of all the SGX counters now!

Oh... and do remember, please like our Facebook page (T.U.B Investing) and follow me on InvestingNote.

Comments