My 10% Portfolio - Changes After 3 Quarters

Time flies and it is time to review my portfolio again.

Once again, let me emphasize on the following:

1. This portfolio review is calculated from the start of the year and the aim is to review the total portfolio gain after 1 year.

2. Some of the counter's initial share prices are their respective share prices at the start of this year (Especially those counters in this post).

3. The gain and loss stated is just a simple calculation of the difference in share prices, ignoring the transaction fees.

4. At times, if stated, the gain could be including dividends.

5. This review will include my overseas counters in USA and Hong Kong.

These are the updates to my 10% Portfolio:

As per Previous Post
Current
Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation
Sold at 15% Profit!
Singapore Telecommunications Limited
Singapore Telecommunications Limited
ComfortDelGro Corporation Limited
ComfortDelGro Corporation Limited
Bukit Sembawang Estates Ltd
Bukit Sembawang Estates Ltd
M1 Limited
M1 Limited
Chuan Hup Holding Limited
Chuan Hup Holding Limited
Hock Lian Seng Holding Ltd
Hock Lian Seng Holding Ltd
ST Engineering Ltd
ST Engineering Ltd
Ellipsiz Ltd
Ellipsiz Ltd
PNE Industries Limited
PNE Industries Limited
Frasers Centrepoint Limited
Frasers Centrepoint Limited
Captii Limited
Captii Limited
Singapore Post Limited
Sold at 5% Loss!
Maxi-Cash Financial Services Corp Ltd
Sold at 20% Profit!
Ocean Sky International Ltd
Ocean Sky International Ltd
Tiong Seng Holding Ltd
Tiong Seng Holding Ltd
Samudera Shipping Line Ltd
Sold at 5% Loss!
AGV Group Ltd
AGV Group Ltd
NikkoAM-StraitsTrading Asia ex Japan REIT ETF
NikkoAM-StraitsTrading Asia ex Japan REIT ETF
TTJ Holdings Limited
Sold at 10% Profit!
Japan Food Holding Ltd
Japan Food Holding Ltd
Singhaiyi Group Ltd
Singhaiyi Group Ltd
The Walt Disney Company (USA Counter)
The Walt Disney Company (USA Counter)
VASCO Data Security International, Inc. (USA Counter)
VASCO Data Security International, Inc. (USA Counter)
Textron (USA Counter)
Textron (USA Counter)
Sitoy Group Holdings Ltd (HK Counter)
Sitoy Group Holdings Ltd (HK Counter)
Alco Holdings Ltd (HK Counter)
Alco Holdings Ltd (HK Counter)

Additional: Yongnam Holdings Limited (3rd time I bought this counter in a year!)

Additional: Netlink Trust (Got it at IPO placement)

Additional: Secura Group Ltd

Additional: Miyoshi Limited

Additional: The Trendlines Group Ltd

Since the last quarter, I have stated that I wanted to reduce the number of SG counters in my portfolio. But after selling till about 19 counters, I end up buying other SG counters. Thus, there are still 22 SG counters. In total, there are still 27 counters (22 SG and 5 Overseas counters) in my portfolio. 

On an overall basis, I am currently achieving a total gain of about 13.6% since the start of the year! This is a slight drop from my last update. But it is still above my target of 10% gain. 

Nevertheless I will like to talk about 2 categories of my portfolio.

Sick Blue Chips:
This is not the year for Traditional Blue Chip companies. One of the reasons my portfolio have not been able to gain much more, despite numerous of my penny counters booming, was due to some of the blue chips in my portfolio. 

In my portfolio shown above, I have 3 sick Blue Chips. Singtel, to a certain extent, was expected to boom after Netlink Trust was listed. But that didn't happen.

The other 2 sick Blue Chips are Comfort DelGro and M1. These 2 Blue Chips are in a bad shape. Their share price has been dropping and it is important for me to know when to let go or stop averaging down. I am still thinking about it...

My portfolio gain will continue to be impacted by these sick Blue Chips. Hopefully there will be a near term catalyst to boost their share prices soon!

Counters I bought due to Scorecard:
After my launch of the Fundamental Scorecard website, I went on to purchase and also add on a few counters due to The Ultimate Scorecard recommendation. So far I am already into my 2nd month of holding these counters. For those that do not know, the recommendation from The Ultimate Scorecard should be held for at least 4 months.

These counters are:
- Ellipsiz Ltd - Bought at $0.635 vs Current share price of $0.790

- Miyoshi Limited - Bought at $0.066 vs Current share price of $0.065

- Chuan Hup Holding Limited - Bought at $0.275 vs Current share price of $0.320

- Hock Lian Seng Holding Ltd - Bought at $0.450 vs Current share price of $0.440

- Captii Limited - Bought at $0.600 vs Current share price of $0.515

So far, 2 of the counters have fall slightly (less than 3%). 1 of them have fallen much more (about 15%).

BUT 2 OF THEM HAVE RISEN SIGNIFICANTLY (estimated about 15% and 25%).

If you have deem the above conclusion as the failure of The Ultimate Scorecard, then my defense is that if you have bought the above counters, you will definitely gain more than loss.

This is because lets not forget that Captii has already given a dividend of 2.5 cents, Chuan Hup had already announced a 3 cents dividend and Ellipsiz will be paying a dividend of 6.5 cents soon. 

Furthermore, I am only into my 2nd month. The conclusion can only be provided after I held them for 4 months. 

With that, by the next update, I hope that I can achieve an overall gain of 15% for this year.

Please do your own due diligence before you invest in any of the stocks in my portfolio.

If you are interested to know more about The Ultimate Scorecard or Full Analysis, do visit the Fundamental Scorecard website for more information! Do sign up to get the latest scorecard of all the SGX counters now!

Oh... and do remember, please like our Facebook page (T.U.B Investing) and follow me on InvestingNote.

Comments

  1. Hi.


    I am very impressed with your porfolio performance.

    May i know what is your total portfolio worth and what is your realized + unrealized profit + dividend received so far?

    Maybe an indication of how many figures? Many thanks.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anonymous,

      Thank you for reading and commenting on the post.

      Overall portfolio is about Sgd180k. I am unable to break down my performance because I review the portfolio as a whole.

      So my 13.6% includes total gain which includes dividend. So it good but I believe there are many who are better.

      Anyway if you wish to know more, do come for my next talk - probably on 3rd Nov.

      Hope this helps explain.

      Regards,
      TUB

      Delete

Post a Comment