Bye Bye 2016 ~ Welcome 2017!

This shall be the last post for T.U.B Investing in 2016.

This blog grew bigger in 2016 and I really appreciate everyone who read and commented. Without you, I will never be where I am today in this blogging journey.

To recap, here are some of the interesting things I did in 2016 as the writer of T.U.B Investing:

1. Started a Triple S Scorecard Online Course with Stockflock.

This was the initial start of the sharing sessions. Still remember the feeling I had when there were people who are interested in the Online Course.

2. Did an interview with "B".

After that, I never did another interview because I started to engage in other "projects". Will try to restart this in 2017.

3. A review of my Triple S Scorecard Stocks after almost a year and the enhancement to the Triple S Scorecard.

Up till today, I still believe the Enhanced Triple S Scorecard will have been the most important factor I have created during my investing path.

4. The start of the 1st Sharing Session with T.U.B and the success that came along with it.

I really have a lot of people to thank for this to happen. I also like to thank all the participants whom have paid and came to hear me share on my scorecards.

5. The start of another project - The search for dividend and the creation of the Dividend Scorecard Portion

For the Dividend Scorecard Portion, I will not say it has been highly successful in terms of usage and getting the results (less successful than Enhanced Triple S Scorecard). But I believe it has helped me in finding counters that give out high dividend yield.

6. The change in plan - from a focus on small/mid cap counters to also include blue chips.

7. Using of InvestingNote.

I was absolutely amazed with this app. There was a period I was almost like addicted with it.

8. Closing of all my positions using the Deep-Value Strategy.

Some people will say I do not have enough patience. Thus, I believe this is something I need to learn in 2017. Patience.

9. Year End Review of my Value Portfolio. 

Up till today, I am still displeased with how it performed. I am looking forward to the new year! And yes, I want to achieve 10% at the end of 2017. This comes with the plan of staying on the sideline more often.

10. The trial with Sabana REIT and rights issue.

If this eventually works out, this mean that I will have learnt something interesting for 2017 if other REIT release rights issue as well!

So that's all for 2016. As readers, what should you be looking forward to in 2017? 

(I did provide some sneak previews in previous post here and here)

1. Blogging and the write up of interesting counters

This is where it all started and I will definitely continue in 2017.

2. The restart of Sharing Session with T.U.B

I will definitely restart the Sharing Session with T.U.B in 2017. I am currently thinking of ways to make it more interesting to provide for the attendees. In addition, I believe it will also be longer, maybe 9 to 5 for each session. The location will most probably change as well and price may increase a bit. Nevertheless, I hope new participates will continue to come and support the Sharing Session with T.U.B.

3. The Launch of T.U.B Circle

I have yet to officially launch the T.U.B Circle yet. It will be a collection of Enhanced Triple S Scorecard with Dividend Scorecard Portion of, eventually, almost all the counters in SGX. I am planning to launch T.U.B Circle with a big group meetup as well.

4.  Start Small With U.S. Counters

I am planning to start a very small portfolio on U.S. counters (very low 4 figure sum) with a few of my friend. This will be a trial for me to try investing in U.S. counters. Thus, I may also start writing on U.S. counters (although minimally). Hope this will also provide new insights for the readers.

5. An Enhanced Triple S Scorecard for U.S. Counters

Additionally I will be trying to come up with an Enhanced Triple S Scorecard for U.S. counters. This will be tested over a period of 6 months. If successful, I will reveal the results here in T.U.B Investing.

With that, I will like to wish everyone - a Happy New Year - and hope everyone will be successful and have a "Huat" year in 2017!

Oh... and do remember, please like our Facebook page (T.U.B Investing) and follow me on InvestingNote.

Comments

  1. I am looking forward to your interview series, it's very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Simple Investor,

      Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

      I will try to do a few.

      Regards,
      TUB

      Delete

Post a Comment